Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Introduction

It has taken me some time to decide whether or not to start blogging about my life. I was scared to share my story as there is quite a bit of drama surrounding it. I have searched for step-moms and groups on Facebook and Twitter. I read story after story regarding the same issues I am dealing with. I have turned to my textbooks for my classes, and reading books to help seek encouragement and advice.

The more I learn and try to better myself and my situation, it is shot down by one person. I keep my feelings bottled up, and sometimes lash out on my husband. The one person I am supposed to be supporting through this "quest". It has gotten to the point where I cannot and will not hold my story in anymore. I want to connect with other step-mothers or fathers who are experiencing the same.

I have heard time and time again, "It takes a village to raise a child." I believe this to be true even when it comes to step-parenting. This is one of the hardest experiences
I have ever gone through.

Now, I am here to share my story about my step-mother experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment